AGENDA for the SPECIAL
OF THE TRUSTEES OF JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL
DISTRICT # 1
Thursday, March 26, 12:00 noon Electronically & Jefferson High School Library
Join Skype Meeting Trouble Joining? Try Skype
Join by phone Toll number:
+1 (406) 247-0936, 771731449# (Dial-in Number)
This agenda is subject to changes until the Friday
preceding the meeting. Please check the
school website at www.jhs.k12.mt.us for
the most current agenda and the packet of associated materials for the meeting.
A. Call to order-Chairperson
1. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Announcements and Public Comment. Please see
information printed on the back of the agenda and in the brochure at the
entrance to the meeting about speaking to the board during this time.
C. New Business
1. Discussion and possible changes regarding current COVID
19 Coronavirus mandates.
2. Discussion and possible approval of MOU with local
collective bargaining units.
3. Consideration of suspension of District Policy 1310
for the purposes of consideration of adopting Policy 3650 after one reading.
4. Consideration of adoption/amendment of Policy 3650 after one reading for the purposes of fulfilling the requirements of the Governor’s Plan of Action in addressing pupil instruction, school food service, compliance with IEP’s and 504 plans of students with disabilities, and other services the District customarily proved to students.
AGENDA ITEMS ARE DUE TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE BY THE LAST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
PRIOR TO THE BOARD MEETING.
All board meetings are generally held in
the Jefferson High School Library, on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30
p.m. (Exceptions often occur in May and
August to follow legal requirements.) For updates, call the district office at 225-3740.
Draft Mission Statement
The Jefferson High School District #1’s mission is to provide the best possible education for our youth for whatever path of life they choose; to be the school of choice for students, teachers, and staff; and to be the heart of the communities we serve.
Our vision for the future, second draft:
– Achieve high test scores and graduation rates that are competitive nationally;
– Graduate with a plan for life that they feel well equipped to pursue;
– Choose our school over other options because of our solid reputation;
– Feel happy, challenged, safe and supported throughout their time here;
– Appreciate and fully engage in our activities that augment our core curriculum; and
– Have access to technology that enhances their learning opportunities.
– Actively support students with their time, attention and obvious commitment;
– Have the tools and resources necessary to do optimal work;
– Are proud to work here and of their contribution to the school;
– Are committed to continuing education and the use of best practices;
– Look at our District as a long-term career commitment; and
– Feel confident about the Board’s decisions and plans.
Administration and Board
-Commit to be knowledgeable about best
– Establish, devote themselves to, and evaluate their priority goals on a regular basis; and
– Work as a collaborative team to make decisions that always focus on what is best for students, teachers and our communities.
– Are knowledgeable of and highly respect our commitment to excellence; and
– Support our work in many ways – their time, funds, levy votes, ideas, and enthusiasm about our students and their activities.
Announcements and Public Comment. The board welcomes and encourages public comment and wishes the public comment process to be fair and orderly. Written comments may be submitted to the board through the District Clerk’s office. Individuals wishing to address the board at the board meeting must sign in on the sheet provided. The clerk will collect the sheet when the meeting begins. Comments on topics that are on the agenda may be made when the meeting reaches that item’s point on the agenda. Comments on non-agenda items may be made during the “Public Comment” agenda item. The Board would like to remind everyone in attendance that to avoid violations of individual rights of privacy, a member of the public wishing to address the Board during this time will not be allowed to make comments that would infringe upon the privacy rights of any student, staff member, or member of the general public during his/her designated time to speak. Abusive or obscene comments will not be allowed. Time allowed for comments may be limited. Individuals will only be called upon twice for the same topic after all persons have been called upon and as time permits. The Board may not respond to and will not take action on non-agenda topics at this meeting but may schedule the topic on the agenda of a subsequent meeting.