Phone: (406) 225 - 3317 ext. 112
Phone: (406) 225 - 3317 ext.
*TIPS FOR NAVIGATING THE JHS NHS WEB PAGE:
Click on the links (shown on the right) to access the following information:
- Calendar: Shows NHS meetings, fundraisers, and events.
- Files: Contains the following paperwork: Jefferson High School NHS Bylaws, National NHS Consitution, Member Selection Guidelines, Sample Membership Packet & Contract, Appeals Procedure, Individual Service Project Form, Required Activity Make Up Form, and the NHS Early Graduation Form.
Welcome to the Jefferson High School National Honor Society Home Page
WHAT IS NHS?
NHS is an organization that recognizes and promotes the following:
1. good scholarly habits,
2. service to the school and community,
3. the exercise of positive leadership, and
4. the demonstration of good moral character.
Members of the Jefferson High School Chapter of the National Honor Society strive to serve their school and community through the following service projects/activities:
- Adopt-A-Highway Clean-up (currently we clean from mile marker 165 - 169 on I-15)
- NHS Veteran's Day Ceremony at the JHS
- Provide gifts for the Toys for Tots program
- Sponsor a Red Cross Blood Drive in the spring
- Put on a senior citizen dinner and bingo night
- NHS Induction ceremony (welcomes new members and recognizes graduating seniors)
- Leadership workshop with highway clean-up in the spring
Members are also required to perform an individual service project during the year.
Our major fundraising efforts come from bake sales we conduct at the First Boulder Valley Bank and the Montana City Bank on Fridays throughout the year. A very special thanks to both banks and the surrounding communities that support our bake sales.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER OF NHS?
- You must be a member of the sophomore, junior, or senior class. Please note: Seniors may only be considered for induction in the fall.
- You must have spent at least one semester at JHS.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
If you meet all of the above requirements, the NHS advisors will notify you with a letter and the selection procedures (under the file link at the top of the page) that you must follow. Induction occurs in the spring of each year so advisors check GPAs after the fall semester to begin the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Students may not apply for membership in the National Honor Society. Membership is an honor bestowed upon a select group of students by the Jefferson High School Faculty Council Members, a representative body of the school faculty. Membership is granted only to those students selected by the Jefferson High School Faculty Council members.
PLEASE NOTE: The NHS calendar link is up to date and details our meetings, activities, fundraisers, and community service projects for the year.